All things Apex Legends
- How to claim your Twitch Prime loot for Apex Legends
- My Apex Legends wishlist and feedback
- Resources (WIP)
- Settings (external)
- Weapon stats by Ranked Boost
- JackFrags’ favourite weapons
- Support omnibus with community troubleshooting suggestions
“How do I appear online instead of invisible by default in Origin?”
“How do I show FPS and other info in-game?”
In Origin, right-click the game icon and go to Game Properties, then Advanced Launch Options.
In Command Line Arguments, type
2places the text in the top left. Use
1for the top right.
“Can I cap my FPS?”
The best way to do it is to add
+fps_max 90(or whatever your ideal cap is) to your launch options. It’s not going to cap your FPS during the initial title screen, but will once you load into a game.
“Why Origin show up when I press Shift+F1?”
It bugs out when you run overlay stuff like FRAPS and Afterburner.
“Which ports do you forward for this?”
Check out the list under “Apex Legends”.
“Can I access some server info?”
- Wait on the title screen for one minute, press Escape and click Cancel
- Click on Data Center at the bottom of the title screen
- Pick your preferred data centre on the list with ping info
Unfortunately, the choice is reset when you close the game.
“I can’t get OBS to work with this game”
Run both OBS and the game as Administrator, and cap your FPS, regardless of whether you use your CPU or GPU for encoding.
“The game keeps opening in Windowed mode! What do?”
I haven’t found a fix, but use the Alt + Enter shortcut to save time switching to Full Screen.
“At what level can you afford to buy a Legend?”
A Legend costs 12,000 to unlock, and you get 500 points at each level up (as well as an Apex every second level).
This means you get 12,000 points by level 24 and another 12,000 by 48.
“What’s the netcode like?”
“Where is my screenshot folder?”
By default, this would be
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex\r2\screenshots.